Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tool #10


1. Discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens. I want my students to learn that working on the Internet is not as safe as they believe. I want them to know that what they write is forever "out there", that anyone can see what they have written (job interviews, parents, etc.), and that websites are not always written by reliable sources.
2. Share at least one of the resources mentioned above or on the Ed Tech website that you plan to use instructionally. I have already signed up for and plan to look more deeply into iSafe to better help me and my students to be safe on the Internet.
3. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students. I will use the website that Alan November used to show the students that who we believe is writing the websites are not always the case, nor are they always safe. I would also show them how I can Google someone's name and how their Twitter account and everything shows up so that they know that whatever they put out on the Internet can be found and is documented forever.
4. Explain briefly how you plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with your parents. I will create a newsletter to inform them of the importance of safety on the Internet and that they need to also take an active part of ensuring that their children are being safe while online.

No comments:

Post a Comment